Thursday, September 27, 2012

Grammar-1 (Spell Check)

I still remember when in my primary class I wrote this word as Grammer in my dictation test and lost one mark. I was still adamant about this word to my teacher and didn't believe him till I saw this word with my eyes. I was so complacent about my dictation that I couldn't differentiate between the sound of "ar" from "er". Anyways its now clear that the word is GRAMMAR and not Grammer. The only intention of mine to give you all this story (crap as would be called up by many) that don't spell the word just on its phonetics.

Anyways there are many words in which i fumbled up. Sharing with you some of those. If you are confident enough you may well leave this post.

1. Skilful and not skilfull. Although note that american english spells it as skillful. But we are following Britain's
education structure. So Skilful is good.

2. Innocuous and not Innoccuous

3. Vacuum and not Vaccum or Vaccuum

4. Exhilarate and not exhilerate or exhillarate.

Test for you

Test yourself if you are able to distinguish whether word is spelled right or wrong. (answer in next post)

1. Appraisel
2 Addressed
3. Amature
4.Receipt
5.Commisary
6.Commitee
7.Restuarant
8.Forty
9.Exagerate
10.Zealeot  


No comments:

Post a Comment