Tuesday, September 25, 2012

General Knowledge


This corresponds to a 50 marks subject in SSC CGL. Although innocuous looking, its a subject that sometimes makes or break the deals. There are many sites which currently offer the GK section. As a quick guide I would enumerate the basic sites and resources one should look for to understand and holding the grasp of the subject.


1. www.gktoday.in this is a basic site on which both static as well as current affairs could be accessed. Just check through the right side columns and go through the links for politics,history,geography. Better you subscribe to it. I would update this section whenever I come across a new thing.

2. Lucent GK can also prove beneficial to the candidates. But better you start it just 2-3 months prior to  examination. In this way you can be up-to-date with current GK and would be able to retain it till the exam.

3.Any one national Daily Newspaper, editorials can be subscribed.

4. Wikipedia- I would update any news that can be important in this respect.


1 comment:

  1. I have also been preparing for SSC and IBPS exams. I study 8 hours a day and also practice sample tests that are available online at various websites. The best one that I came across is http://www.kidsfront.com/govt-jobs-exams/ibps-clerk-cwe.html.

    ReplyDelete